Friday, August 13, 2010

IF~Caged



It has been a couple weeks since I did anything for IF. Been doing personal work and I also just got a small freelance assignment! :-D I am starting my sketchbook for the Art House Co-op. My theme is "In Flight." When I saw that this week's topic was Caged I felt that I could merge the two somehow as I am trying to do personal/professional work together in a timely manner. I suppose this drawing is the opposite of something being caged...as the bird is being set free. I always seem to do peaceful illustrations! :-D Medium is pen & ink. The texture is from putting a layer of acrylic gesso underneath...it was one of those "happy accidents."

3 comments:

  1. Woo! Nicely done. The moods and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina :)

    I've been looking at your work and they are lovely! I really admire your color sense and your line work too.

    Now this is is great approach for 'caged', so liberating! :)

    ReplyDelete