Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sketchbook: Borders & Flowers...First Post of 2014!

I'm currently working on a new business card design and at the same time doing some research and sketches related to the surface design/pattern design industry. I already do a little bit of it in giftware, but I feel my knowledge of it is still very limited compared to what I see out there from other artists.
For my business card I am going to have my confidently standing bird character on it, except he's going to be saying something instead of singing.
I'm going to have a border or some flowers around him. While doing my research, I did some sketching and also used this book as a reference. Dover books are great for reference (and they're also dirt cheap) if you're a designer and/or illustrator.
The color for my business card is likely going to be done in Illustrator. Hope you enjoy seeing this and I will be posting more pieces from my sketchbook!









No comments:

Post a Comment