Monday, March 24, 2014

Make Art That Sells March Challenge!

For the past couple weeks I have been working on the March assignment for MATS. My piece is submitted to the class gallery and as promised, I'm sharing what I've been working on these past two weeks. Our challenge was to do illustrations of jello/jello molds (or an interpretation of that) and create a bolt fabric piece with them.
In the beginning of the assignment I was uncertain of what direction to go in. I enjoyed looking at all the vintage jello ads--and vintage dishware but then I looked at some animation books which led me to drawing jello characters! I feel that the characters came out awesome but that more attention could have been put into the repeat and possibly put on a product in the final presentation. I had a lot of fun drawing and painting the characters but will revisit the pattern in April--I'm still pretty new to doing repeating patterns. :-)
I think the characters look great as a standalone illustration and they look very cute side by side. Our next assignment starts in May. Can't wait to see what it will be!



















No comments:

Post a Comment